Saturday, November 15, 2008

Title?

Some people might ask, "why is your title 'winter days'?" and say "that's so silly, because, in less than half a year, your title won't make sense!" Well I say, whatever the season, winter is and always will by my favorite. The quiet, serene darkness to which I awake each morning, the gentle, pleasant breeze that passes by every now and then, the pleasure derived from drinking a pumpkin spice latte inside while hearing the pattering of rain and howling wind beating on the windows. What's not to like?

Winter is also a time, at least for me, of self-reflection, since it's one of the few seasons during which I have the time to not only engage in such thought, but also write about it. Thus, my blog shall remain seasonal. Come winter time every year, I will pour the letters of my heart onto this electronic medium of the textbox. But for the rest of the year, I will hibernate and internalize my thoughts. Perhaps it is this hiatus that will allow for my annual creative outbursts. Regardless, I hope I have shed some light on the inspiration behind and significance of my title.