Well what do you know... Sunday evening after a week of Thanksgiving vacation and I am sitting on the desk studying diligently. If only this diligence would have shown itself sometime earlier, perhaps during the week. This is not to say that my entire break was fruitless. I took many practice SATs and even finished a very long, complicated chapter of AP Biology. But this was definitely far less than what I had planned to finish by the end of the week. I also wanted to finish reading a chapter of APUSH, my APUSH DBQ, The Scarlet Letter, a telenovela for AP Spanish, and my AP Calc homework. I'll be cramming in the telenovela and math homework tonight, but under a lot of stress and time pressure. My dilatory tendencies have caused my much grief -- yet again. This is my junior year -- the infamous year in which I have to prove to colleges that I am worthy of their acceptance -- and I am slacking off. I really need to get working on getting rid of my tendencies of procrastination: my most lethal vice.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Procrastination
Well what do you know... Sunday evening after a week of Thanksgiving vacation and I am sitting on the desk studying diligently. If only this diligence would have shown itself sometime earlier, perhaps during the week. This is not to say that my entire break was fruitless. I took many practice SATs and even finished a very long, complicated chapter of AP Biology. But this was definitely far less than what I had planned to finish by the end of the week. I also wanted to finish reading a chapter of APUSH, my APUSH DBQ, The Scarlet Letter, a telenovela for AP Spanish, and my AP Calc homework. I'll be cramming in the telenovela and math homework tonight, but under a lot of stress and time pressure. My dilatory tendencies have caused my much grief -- yet again. This is my junior year -- the infamous year in which I have to prove to colleges that I am worthy of their acceptance -- and I am slacking off. I really need to get working on getting rid of my tendencies of procrastination: my most lethal vice.